Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Card Discussion




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:11 pm 
Offline
The Dark Platypus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:48 am
Posts: 951
Zblader wrote:

IMHO, here are the hardest things to deal with in CI.
1. Course of Destiny
2. AMS
3. Creatures that give benefits upon destruction/creation, especially with AMS.

4. Revenant Bishop.

Zblader wrote:
Trade Routes isn't that hard to deal with.

If you know TR is coming, you can use to help you as well, so I agree with this point.
Zblader wrote:
Ever heard of Restore's Nature's Balance?

I thought so at first. I put it in a deck to counter CI's TR and Course of Destiny. It didn't do much good in practice, thought.

Zblader wrote:
Renevant Bishop can be easily turned against an enemy player with good use of Charm or Possesion, and it can get in the way of drawing important cards sometimes.


How can Charm help? It costs 6 flux and 3 domain, gains a creature for... ONE TURN...and then your opponent Rev B's it.

Zblader wrote:
I'd like to note that CI is somewhat dependent on more skilled/expierienced players due to lack of 1-domain creatures. Newer players might not fare so well, and then it's a cake walk because of all those enemy gaining benefits. And there is always a deck that is stronger than another deck.

What lack of 1 domain creatures are you talking about? A viable deck is single CI domain Rune of the Swift Rush.

_________________
Altren wrote:
I agree with Keyser, and that's what I'm planning to implement actually.

|| The Rise of the DCC | Plasmatium Netherious | Tastes Like Chicken | The Astridian Conspiracy ||

Guild -> | Platypus Rising|


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
Keyser wrote:
How can Charm help? It costs 6 flux and 3 domain, gains a creature for... ONE TURN...and then your opponent Rev B's it.

Charm and Possesion will send Bishop back to your deck. And considering Bishop normally runs around with Trade Routes, you can pretty much limit your opponent's domain while saving a Trade Route to keep the Bishop on the field.


Keyser wrote:
What lack of 1 domain creatures are you talking about? A viable deck is single CI domain Rune of the Swift Rush.

Crap, I forgot about that since i haven't played in a while using CI. Forget about it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:24 pm 
Offline
The Dark Platypus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:48 am
Posts: 951
Yes, Bishop goes back to the top of their deck, but a Charm seems to be a huge waste to make that happen, especially because you know they get to use the Bishop NEXT turn to kill the Charm

_________________
Altren wrote:
I agree with Keyser, and that's what I'm planning to implement actually.

|| The Rise of the DCC | Plasmatium Netherious | Tastes Like Chicken | The Astridian Conspiracy ||

Guild -> | Platypus Rising|


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
Keyser wrote:
Yes, Bishop goes back to the top of their deck, but a Charm seems to be a huge waste to make that happen, especially because you know they get to use the Bishop NEXT turn to kill the Charm

Dude, Charm's an enchant. Bishop would then go back to the Charmer's deck, thus destroying Charm but allowing the Charmer to draw Bishop next turn and depriving the opponent of a Bishop. Charm may a bit costly compared to possesion, but it's still a good benefit.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:59 pm 
Offline
The Dark Platypus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:48 am
Posts: 951
Zblader wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Yes, Bishop goes back to the top of their deck, but a Charm seems to be a huge waste to make that happen, especially because you know they get to use the Bishop NEXT turn to kill the Charm

Dude, Charm's an enchant. Bishop would then go back to the Charmer's deck, thus destroying Charm but allowing the Charmer to draw Bishop next turn and depriving the opponent of a Bishop. Charm may a bit costly compared to possesion, but it's still a good benefit.



Bishop doesn't go into the Charmer's deck, it goes back to it's owner's deck. That's why it is OP.

_________________
Altren wrote:
I agree with Keyser, and that's what I'm planning to implement actually.

|| The Rise of the DCC | Plasmatium Netherious | Tastes Like Chicken | The Astridian Conspiracy ||

Guild -> | Platypus Rising|


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
Keyser wrote:
Zblader wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Yes, Bishop goes back to the top of their deck, but a Charm seems to be a huge waste to make that happen, especially because you know they get to use the Bishop NEXT turn to kill the Charm

Dude, Charm's an enchant. Bishop would then go back to the Charmer's deck, thus destroying Charm but allowing the Charmer to draw Bishop next turn and depriving the opponent of a Bishop. Charm may a bit costly compared to possesion, but it's still a good benefit.



Bishop doesn't go into the Charmer's deck, it goes back to it's owner's deck. That's why it is OP.


Oh, I thought using Charm would cause Bishop to switch to your control. Nevermind.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:32 pm 
Offline
Lead Developer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:55 pm
Posts: 716
Location: Moscow, Russia
Charm and Possesion (used on Bishop) will send Bishop back to your deck. Both change controller of bishop first and only the it is removed.
Similar effect with Mass Confusion or Psychotic Break - Bishop goes to Hell.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
Altren wrote:
Charm and Possesion (used on Bishop) will send Bishop back to your deck. Both change controller of bishop first and only the it is removed.
Similar effect with Mass Confusion or Psychotic Break - Bishop goes to Hell.

Thank you Alt for clearing this whole discussion up. But hey, I never knew Hell was the neutral player's hand. Where's Heaven?


All jokes aside, this goes to show that Bishop is OP, but at least it's stealable.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:11 pm
Posts: 148
seems zblader already said it 3 times and altren once but for those who are having trouble understanding....POsseSSion And CHArM send bishop to top of your deck rather than caster of bishops deck. because for a split second before the after affect occurs the bishop is under ur control sending it to ur deck rather than the opponents.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CI Overpowered
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
Monyx wrote:
seems zblader already said it 3 times and altren once but for those who are having trouble understanding....POsseSSion And CHArM send bishop to top of your deck rather than caster of bishops deck. because for a split second before the after affect occurs the bishop is under ur control sending it to ur deck rather than the opponents.


And that should be the last time it needs to be said. (in this thread at least)


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Card Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron