Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Strategy & Army Construction




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which domain is the strongest?
Sylvan 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Celestial Imperium 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Mountain Folk 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Dark Legion 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
Hordes of Chaos 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Elemental 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 23
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
DarkJello wrote:
whatever...

I guarantee not everyone is voting what they really believe!*!

Some people don't want to have their cards nerfed, so they say some other faction is the strongest. But the proof is always in the pudding. What domain has been dominating the EC in recent months? What domain is consistently doing well? What domain gets errrr done son? DL hands down. Please don't tell me about the time 6 months ago when ELE made the top 4 in an EC. Please don't tell me about the time when 4 noobs and 1 vet were in the EC, and the vet won it all with an MF rush. ;) :mrgreen:

DarkJello :evil:


T_T Well, true. DL is still clearly overpowered, but you're forgettting it has no anti enchant, and DL has some great enchants. Hmmm, wonder what would happen if you had corrupting flux in my control area, subject of loathing on a leperous shamble, nightmares, and I zapped it all with restore natures balance? Tsk tsk^^.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
queeshai wrote:
I interpret Altren's question as follows:

* the top N players will play in a single elimination tournament with some great prize
* I have been invited to participate
* all players have unlimited resources to buy cards
* all decks must be mono-domain (including unaligned cards)
* what domain would I choose to maximize my chances of winning?

for this very specific question, I prefer the domains in this order:

MF > CI > DL > S > E > HOC

Well queesh, we all know Chaos sucks by now, but I think CI is too high and Syl is too low. Switch them around mate, I'll take the weenies over the psions any day ^^.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
Zurken wrote:
How often do you see Cull the Weak being played? I almost haven't so I guess that doesn't have to bother you much. ;)

MF also isn't a good idea, as it's essentially being called 'mountains' domain but in fact it's the one almost most vulnerable to mountains. living monument, HGC would help a lot, but who has these? with me getting only those most crappy MF rares around in domain .. *sigh*

well what wouldn't fail against rush? and almost every deck can lose to similar deck as then it's about cards. or to rush. you can't use that as an argument.

about Yarl; when I rule the map why should I care if I will win one or two rounds later? ;)

Rofl, I'm not a trader (considerign I have little to trade with anyway) so I'm considering all these cards as if they had an equla chance of being played (And my weenie rushes been cull'd before). Of course Yarl is useful and OP, but a Yarl alone doesn't win the tourneys.

Overall chaos really doesn't have good sync anyway. The closest I could make out of deck synchros are the Mutants or the Greenskins (Kobolds, Goblins, Orcs, and Trolls).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 10:31 pm
Posts: 188
Darkjello:

Altren did not ask what domain has been winning the most. DL is doing good because it is easy to make a competetive deck for relatively cheap, whereas Chaos and CI aren't seen because it costs an arm, a leg, and possibly an eye to make a good deck. However, I quite enjoy watching Illithid play with his CI deck, and I literally have never seen it lose. And he plays all the 1337est of the 1337. He doesn't play ECs, So you don't see CI winning them. But as you said, the proof is in the pudding, and CI pudding is really tasty if you can afford the hefty price tag.

-Noob

PS for Zblader:

Almost everything you say is quite unfounded. DL has mystic feedback, which is all of the anti enchantment it needs. If chaos is so crappy and unused, why would a whole faction (sylvan) be worse on your scale because of one chaos card cull of the weak)? I believe that is what zurken was saying, Chaos is rarely used, thus cull is rarely used, thus sylvan isn't much weakened by it. Nothing about trading.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:17 pm
Posts: 119
Location: behind you eating your cookies...
I think the order of strongest to weakest is

CI > DL > S > MF > HoC > E

CI has beaten all mono domain decks in the ec's I have seen. Pure DL wins only when a pure and proper CI isn't present. Sylvan could be said to be evenly matched with pure DL but since the great Sylvan nerf I think it was greatly weakened. Pure MF has not changed much after the re-balancing. HoC has an advantage over Elemental only because it has more critters, but since the only pure HoC deck I see win ec's before was a rush deck it's hard to say if its actually equal to MF in standing. I have seen the rise and fall of different domains since joining this game, actually had a conversation about how long we had been in the game, that when pure elem becomes over powered we should retire. :P

In response to the question of which pure domain is strongest I think CI is the strongest, with 3 variations of it seen played in ec's and win, thats my vote.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
emancipate wrote:
I think the order of strongest to weakest is

CI > DL > S > MF > HoC > E

CI has beaten all mono domain decks in the ec's I have seen. Pure DL wins only when a pure and proper CI isn't present. Sylvan could be said to be evenly matched with pure DL but since the great Sylvan nerf I think it was greatly weakened. Pure MF has not changed much after the re-balancing. HoC has an advantage over Elemental only because it has more critters, but since the only pure HoC deck I see win ec's before was a rush deck it's hard to say if its actually equal to MF in standing. I have seen the rise and fall of different domains since joining this game, actually had a conversation about how long we had been in the game, that when pure elem becomes over powered we should retire. :P

In response to the question of which pure domain is strongest I think CI is the strongest, with 3 variations of it seen played in ec's and win, thats my vote.

I think I agree with this. Still in a bit of doubt about CI, but at least it's got some better deck sync than HoC IMO.
@noob: It may be just my opinion, but i think that even though Mystic Feedback is powerful, a newbie wouldn't probably be relying on this as solidly as he would on some cheaper alternatives.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:50 pm
Posts: 132
Noob
I must disagree with you regarding Mystic Feedback. It is an unaligned card, not DL. I think unaligned cards being used in a deck agrees with the spirit of Altren's question... but if the best a faction can do for anti-enchantment is a 3 domain uncommon then it is pretty weak in that respect. ELE is also suprisingly weak against enchantments, IMO.
Overall, I think DL is easier to play which is why it seems so popular. That is different than overpowered, though. I've had my arse kicked by all factions when playing top tier players. Assuming a skilled player has access to any cards he/she wants, I don't think any faction is significantly better than another.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:57 am
Posts: 93
I agree that CI is very good...but one comment on that point...

CI would not be as crazy if Trade Routes was fixed a little IMO. Fixed you say? Trade Routes helps both players you say? I don't believe so since nobody really puts together a deck with the sole purpose of running a ton of 3 domain cards. You can do this however if you are running CI with 3 Trade Routes. Sure you can put together a deck that can take advantage of someone playing Trade Routes, but said deck would be very ineffective against most other decks. The same can not be said for the player using Trade Routes.

BTW I still can't decide between CI and DL for most powerful, I think neither needs major nerfing, just slight tweaks.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
Themist wrote:
I agree that CI is very good...but one comment on that point...

CI would not be as crazy if Trade Routes was fixed a little IMO. Fixed you say? Trade Routes helps both players you say? I don't believe so since nobody really puts together a deck with the sole purpose of running a ton of 3 domain cards. You can do this however if you are running CI with 3 Trade Routes. Sure you can put together a deck that can take advantage of someone playing Trade Routes, but said deck would be very ineffective against most other decks. The same can not be said for the player using Trade Routes.

BTW I still can't decide between CI and DL for most powerful, I think neither needs major nerfing, just slight tweaks.

Well, after screwing around with my decks, I find that I agree with Pug to most extent. All domain are awesome if they're used and played correctly (I'm looking at you mist, who I just beat with a ELE deck).

@Themist: I know that Trades Routes may seem insanse, but you can actually fight Fire with Fire: just make your own Trade Routes deck.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Which domain is the strongest?
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:10 am
Posts: 829
noob_mexican wrote:

DL has mystic feedback, which is all of the anti enchantment it needs.

Ugly Pug wrote:
...but the best a faction can do for anti-enchantment is a 3 domain uncommon then it is pretty weak in that respect.


Just some more proof that Mystic Feedback isn't really all the anti enchant a domain needs.
Mystic Feedback: Can't get rid of World Enchants. Also, you risk damage to your own figures in crowded fights.
Loxlorn Globe: The exact opposite of Feedback. Gets rid of World Enchants, nothing more.
Disenchant: Probably the best anti enchant I know out there.
Silver Stagg: Easy to kill.
Loxlorn Sail: More of enchant support than anti.
Renevant Bishop: A close second best because of it's reusability, but you have to wait for it to be drawn to continue using it. Can be killed, but it's probably done it's job by that time.
Restore Natures Balance: This is like a shotgun for anti-enchant. Kills everything for an easy 4 flux. 3 Domains? Easy enough if you Trade Route Turbo or Vapor Mahal Turbo.
Interference: Cheaper Disenchant. And besides:
angelatheist wrote:
...plus you probably didnt need the extra card anyway.

Refracting Mist: CHEAP. Enough said.

I could go on and on, but I'll jsut finish up with a list instead:
Arcane Adjustment
Ley Displacement
Missionary Martyr
Acmar's Stabilizer
Errant Enchantment
Farizai Shaman
Mana Dome
Null Stone
Serene Templar
Valley Fog
Decay


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Strategy & Army Construction


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron